Menu

Homeschoolers rock Mock Trial (again)

BlsdMama

Our homeschool program's mock team won Nationals last year - 1st place.  It was so great to see homeschoolers take home that trophy.  Some people felt homeschoolers had an unfair advantage because they can "devote all their time to Mock."  If only they knew.  If only they knew the kids were dual enrolled and taking college classes while doing this.  All but one of Team 1 is employed and works during Mock season.  Most of them volunteer - whether it is to coach Middle School mock, Scouts, Honor Society, etc.  

The truth?  Hard-working, well-rounded, amazing kids, who work their tails off and throw it all down.

So, yesterday was regionals.  Four teams from our Regional will move onto State.  Of those four teams, THREE of them were from our homeschool program.  (We have three teams.)

Can't wait for state at the end of the month.  This will fuel them and they will work even harder.

I love this.  <3 

• Like 21

My girls did Mock Trial when in High School and it was an amazing learning experience for them.

Congrats to your team for doing so well. Mock Trial is A LOT of work, no matter who you are. Both my girls said it was a harder class than any AP class they took. But they learned so much from it.

• Like 1

Bump it up! That's very cool. If there is a newspaper (what's a newspaper?), their story should be written up. Call them and suggest a story. And tell them what you told us: these kids work hard and don't devote all of their time to the mock trial. They are heavily involved in other pursuits and responsibilities.  :party:  :party:

• Like 1