Menu

Anyone willing to be interviewed?

debi21

I need to interview someone for a college class I'm taking on multicultural education, and it's supposed to be someone I don't know. It's for a paper comparing my own cultural background to someone else's. I don't really know where to find someone I don't know who is different 'enough' from me where I live, but I know there are lots of different people here on the boards.

This person needs to have a substantially different cultural background than me. I am white, straight, and grew up jewish/non-religious and middle-to-upper-middle class, in the suburbs of NYC. Ideally the person I interview would be at a minimum either not white, not straight, or not from the U.S. Other differences are a plus. Your actual name/identifying information won't be used and doesn't need to be provided.

If anyone would be willing to help me out, I estimate it would probably take 2-3 hours of conversation maximum. You would have to be willing to talk about your childhood, culture, and education. This would be sometime (at your convenience) in the next 10 days or so. I'd like to offer a small gift, I was thinking a $25 gift card from Amazon, just as a thank you for this person's time. Anyway, if you're willing and meet the criteria, so to speak, would you send me a PM?

Thanks in advance,

Debi

• Like 1