Menu

Tell Me About CLE Math for Algebra I

CAtoVA

Have you used CLE Math for Algebra I? If yes, what have been your experiences? Do you think it provides a solid background to go on and do well in higher level math (especially Algebra II)?

Background: I thought it had been decided that my DS (rising 8th next year) would continue doing math online next year but it is becoming apparent that the attention required for a subject he really doesn't like just isn't there. He is too easily distracted by the chat boxes <sigh> and pays little attention to the teacher. I spent about $600.00 and end up having to reteach almost everything anyway! It's Saxon Math pre-algebra so I am looking at Saxon Algebra I and CLE which I see is similar to Saxon in the spiral approach (which DS sorely needs). I also like Jacobs but that is another post.

Thanks for any input!!!

Edited by chiefcookandbottlewasher

We went back to CLE Algebra... at least, we're back to it for now. My only real concern is setting a precedent of spiral maths in the upper grades. She does well with spiral, but CLE does not have their own Algebra II or Geometry (and I do not care for the programs they use for those levels), she hates Saxon... so, after this, she will have no choice but to go mastery. Part of me wants her to get used to that now. 

It's solid, though, yes. 

• Like 1

If your child has never used CLE I would give a placement test. I love CLE and think it has a solid Algebra I program. However it has a bit different scope and sequence . I don't guarantee that your child would be ready for CLE Algebra I if they have never done CLE. The placement test would let you know, though. If they were close you could probably just do a bit of review. The first light unit of each level is entirely review of previous levels. You could go slowly through that first light unit to solidify any weak areas.