Menu

Rick Riordan books -what order?

My son has read them all and loves them! I think you need to read them in order... When my son returns later this evening, he will follow-up with details! 

I think he has read all of the Rick Riordan (Percy's author) books, but doesn't care for the Norse gods series as much. He has a new favorite author, Brandon Mull, who writes similar books.

We will get back with you soon!

Our collective vote (we've read all four of the series here):

Percy Jackson v. the Olympians series

Kane Chronicles series 

Heroes of Olympus series

Magnus Chase series 

Trials of Apollo (which centers back around Percy Jackson, but has a lot of assumptions made about prior characters)

There was a minor debate among my boys about reading Kane Chronicles last as those storylines are separated to a greater degree, but we ultimately agreed on the order above.

If you want the chronological order of everything (including all of the short stories), read answer #1 here: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/127892/what-order-should-the-books-in-the-percy-jackson-universe-be-read-in

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 1

Our collective vote (we've read all four of the series here):

Kane Chronicles series 

Heroes of Olympus series

Magnus Chase series 

Trials of Apollo (which centers back around Percy Jackson, but has a lot of assumptions made about prior characters)

There was a minor debate among my boys about reading Kane Chronicles last as those storylines are separated to a greater degree, but we ultimately agreed on the order above.

If you want the chronological order of everything (including all of the short stories), read answer #1 here: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/127892/what-order-should-the-books-in-the-percy-jackson-universe-be-read-in

Heroes of Olympus series

Trials of Apollo

Kane Chronicles series 

Magnus Chase series 

My 10 year old prefers this order. I haven't looked at the true order so I don't know if it is the same. 

I separated the last 2 because he didn't think it mattered which one you read first (at least he couldn't remember). 

He absolutely loves all of the books. 

Each series has several books, which according to my son should be read in the proper order:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians 

Heroes of Olympus Series

Trials of Apollo

Percy Jackson starts with Greek mythology, then Roman mythology is added to Heroes of Olympus and Trials of Apollo series

Kane Chronicles - deal with the Egyptian gods

Magnus Chase series - Norse gods

DS prefers the Greek and Roman series, but also enjoyed the Kane Chronicles (Egyptian)

He thinks the Magnus Chase character is too arrogant, but he'll still read the books

Thanks so much, everyone!!

I think he has read all of the Rick Riordan (Percy's author) books, but doesn't care for the Norse gods series as much. He has a new favorite author, Brandon Mull, who writes similar books.

I'll have to check out Brandon Mull, thanks for the recommendation. My son also loves Brandon Sanderson if you haven't checked him out :)