Menu

To those of you who recommended Magnatiles...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. They are wonderful and my kids have not stopped playing with them since unwrapping them for Christmas. My four little ones are all playing with them now. I had purchased Magformers before but they were never really played with. But so many of you said that Magnatiles were such a favorite. I finally purchased a 100 set this year for Christmas because I found an amazing deal on eBay for a new set. Anyway, thank you so much!

• Like 5

What do you think a good starting age is for these for a child without older siblings or super creative parents to initiate play? I was thinking of them as a gift for our niece's 3rd birthday. She's very active and loves large motor activities. She does seem to like building with Duplos though.

I think these would be wonderful. My 3 year old girlie loves them and has played with them a ton since Christmas. She is able to build lots of different structures and is so proud of herself. She likes making houses for her little toys and she loves the pink ones best. All my kids like playing with them- my older ones like designing more complex structures.

I purchased the 100 Solid set from eBay. Each tile has two different colors on each side. The solid set has pink tiles which my daughter really loves. I paid $80 including shipping if that helps any and it was a new set. Also, because I have five kids I will be purchasing another set sometime in the future (probably next Christmas :) ) as it would be nice for them to have more pieces.

No I don't really think that Magformers and Magnatiles are compatible. The Magformers are a lot smaller. I mean the magnets in each will stick together but the sizes are different so you can't really form a stable structure with both. I tried making a simple house with both and it didn't work. I will probably try and sell my Magformers or give them to a friend.

• Like 2

What do you think a good starting age is for these for a child without older siblings or super creative parents to initiate play? I was thinking of them as a gift for our niece's 3rd birthday. She's very active and loves large motor activities. She does seem to like building with Duplos though.

My 2.5yo spends tons of time with our magnatiles and is quite good at building structures. I think it's a perfect age to start.

We got a 100 set for our 7yo's birthday in early December and they have been played with so much... definitely the best toy we've given in a while.

No I don't really think that Magformers and Magnatiles are compatible. The Magformers are a lot smaller. I mean the magnets in each will stick together but the sizes are different so you can't really form a stable structure with both. I tried making a simple house with both and it didn't work. I will probably try and sell my Magformers or give them to a friend.

ooh! are you interested in getting rid of your magformers?!  my kids cant get enough! If you decide to sell, will you let me know how much you want for them? I can't afford much, but I'd definitely be interested!

Sorry for the odd derail, but I've been searching for used magformers for a while now.  On Ebay they seem to go for almost new prices :(