Menu

Travel Planning Ideas - Who Has Wanderlust???!

MomOfABunch

My family is going to be in Tunisia visiting DH's family. I'm planning on doing some short trips while we're there and need ideas!! We agreed that DS1, DH and I would each pick a destination for a longish weekend.

DS1 picked Athens and DH picked Cairo. We will not be taking the little kids. They'll stay in Tunis with grandma and aunts.

There's so many great options, I'm having trouble deciding where to go!! Where is good to go during the winter, that's within a couple hours travel from Tunis or Rome (closest/cheapest major airport to Tunis)? I've been most places in Europe so I'm looking for something off the beaten path.

• Like 2

Me! Me! I have wanderlust!

I have a large number of credit card points saved, enough to get a flight to/back from somewhere in Europe. I was saving them for this purpose because DD plans to go to France to study abroad, but that is not scheduled until spring 2018. But the points start expiring next March, so I am debating going to London or France next spring. I will either need to go solo or see if a friend wants to go, too; I highly doubt DH will go with me and I can't afford to take a kid with me. I can only have a traveling companion if they can pay their own way, lol!

I have a large number of credit card points saved, enough to get a flight to/back from somewhere in Europe. I was saving them for this purpose because DD plans to go to France to study abroad, but that is not scheduled until spring 2018. But the points start expiring next March, so I am debating going to London or France next spring. I will either need to go solo or see if a friend wants to go, too; I highly doubt DH will go with me and I can't afford to take a kid with me. I can only have a traveling companion if they can pay their own way, lol!

Go go go!!!! Sometimes you can get rediculiously cheap flights to London and from there you can take Ryan Air sooooo many places.

• Like 1

Just want to say London on your own is totally doable. Lots to do. Many great places are free. Go for it even if you can't find a companion!

• Like 1

I have a bad bad case of Wanderlust.   I have made us do so much traveling in the last 2 years.  I am addicted.

Oh go!

Or try and get some more points.  I am just now starting to travel hack.   We opened one card and had enough points to fly our whole family to Calgary over the summer.  Which are really expensive flights.

Now we just opened 2 more cards and have enough to fly the whole family to Europe or Asia.    I am nuts with this stuff now.

• Like 1

I have a bad bad case of Wanderlust. I have made us do so much traveling in the last 2 years. I am addicted.

Oh go!

Or try and get some more points. I am just now starting to travel hack. We opened one card and had enough points to fly our whole family to Calgary over the summer. Which are really expensive flights.

Now we just opened 2 more cards and have enough to fly the whole family to Europe or Asia. I am nuts with this stuff now.

I LOVE traveling too!! But I haven't done much of it since my kids were born. So I'm planning to take full advantage of this chance!!!

I'm going to have to investigate these points. Sounds like a good idea.