Menu

Afterschooling AOPS and might not finish. What happens?

DS is taking the Algebra 1 AOPS class. He has really enjoyed it. He had Algebra last year in school, but this has been so much better. But this time of the year is so busy with extra school work, his academic competition team practices, family travel etc. He is already 1 week behind and is close to 2. He has two more classes, but is getting really burnt out.

What happens on AOPS end if he doesn't finish? If he has weeks that are red? He doesn't need the class for school, but I don't want to burn any bridges so to speak. He is in 8th grade right now and I would like for him to take some more AOPS classes through high school depending on his time and schedule. 

As far as I know AoPS doesn't care if he finishes. If you have asked them for a grade then it would definitely effect this, but otherwise I can't think of anything. I'm sure they'd let you sign up for future classes if you choose.

First I'd email AoPS and ask how long you have access to the problems so you don't run out of time to finish.

I've had a son travel for the last few weeks of class. I simply downloaded the transcript to my computer and copied all the problems. I entered no answer and show the solution to all of the problems so that I could then copy all of the solutions. He did it later on our own timeframe. You'll miss any proof feedback this way, but you can still finish everything else on your own.

• Like 2

Thank you. That's what we'll do. The only issue is neither of us work well without a deadline :laugh:That's why we did the online class!

I think you need to contact Aops to get the best response. They usually send reports to parents if requested but if you don't need it, then it doesn't matter.
I have heard of young students taking the same class twice so u don't think it matters that much

As far as I know AoPS doesn't care if he finishes. If you have asked them for a grade then it would definitely effect this, but otherwise I can't think of anything. I'm sure they'd let you sign up for future classes if you choose.

First I'd email AoPS and ask how long you have access to the problems so you don't run out of time to finish.

I've had a son travel for the last few weeks of class. I simply downloaded the transcript to my computer and copied all the problems. I entered no answer and show the solution to all of the problems so that I could then copy all of the solutions. He did it later on our own timeframe. You'll miss any proof feedback this way, but you can still finish everything else on your own.

. I will ask. The only issue is neither of us work well without a deadline :laugh: That's why we did the online class!