Menu

faucet brands?

gardenmom5

anyone ever heard of premier or danze faucets?  they have good ratings on amazon - but . . . .

I have to buy a new kitchen faucet - and I *really* don't want to spend $500 to get one that works, I like, and is a brand in which I have confidence.  I want a taller one - I miss my marielle (style) faucet I had years ago.  the last two times, I had to buy one on the fly (the last one I actually had with plans to use in my laundry room.  it didn't last very long.) now - I have time for shipping.

on saturday - I ordered a new dining room light because the "ring" from which it hung from the chain - broke.  came straight down.  hit a glass compote I had on the table for decoration.  I think the biggest piece was 1 x 3. . . . no, the foot was intact. but mostly it was pulverized.  so, between the compote and the table pad - the table wasn't damaged. 

really? why does it have to be this time of year?

I just replaced a kitchen faucet on an emergency basis. I'm planning to remodel soon, so I wanted a budget choice. If you are looking at high end models, this may not apply.

My plumber recommended Kohler or Moen, while plumbing supply store added Delta as a another good choice. (I did not ask about super luxury brands.) Both plumber and supply/showroom said that big box/Amazon faucets were usually made with different insides (plastic rather than brass) than faucets from pluming supply stores, even with same general model number. I was a bit skeptical at first, but commentators on Internet seemed to bear this out.

I had expected the plumbing supply place to try to upsell me, but the person there who helped me was totally understanding about my not wanting to spend a lot. She steered me to a design I liked in a recognized brand that they had in stock -- plumber was due in a few hours. I asked her to check with plumbers as to whether I should buy and take home, or they should buy. It all worked out wonderfully, and I walked out of the store with faucet that was installed that day.

with further looking - I found a site that said danze was a best buy - but their warranty isn't that great. (and  premier is carried at wal-mart.  no thanks.)

anyway - I bought the moen - I found an open box return.  still pricey, but not $500. (and that's for the chrome!)

I'm not getting a basic builder faucet, or even a low or mid-rise faucet.  I'm looking for a very specific high arc style.  I loved how I could fit pots and anything else that was tall under it.  and I had a good place for people to put wet rags instead of on the counter or the sink.  (when you're not the only one working in a kitchen . . . . )

• Like 1

anyone ever heard of premier or danze faucets?  they have good ratings on amazon - but . . . .

I have to buy a new kitchen faucet - and I *really* don't want to spend $500 to get one that works, I like, and is a brand in which I have confidence.  I want a taller one - I miss my marielle (style) faucet I had years ago.  the last two times, I had to buy one on the fly (the last one I actually had with plans to use in my laundry room.  it didn't last very long.) now - I have time for shipping.

on saturday - I ordered a new dining room light because the "ring" from which it hung from the chain - broke.  came straight down.  hit a glass compote I had on the table for decoration.  I think the biggest piece was 1 x 3. . . . no, the foot was intact. but mostly it was pulverized.  so, between the compote and the table pad - the table wasn't damaged. 

really? why does it have to be this time of year?

Go with Delta (top Plumber recommendation) or Hans Grohe or Krauss.  I LOVE Krauss -very high quality. 

I've installed a lot of faucets over the years as a landlord and always keep going back to these, especially Delta.  They are just more reliable.  You couldn't pay me to take a Moen now, after several bad experiences. 

Amazon sells most of the best ones and there are also other good sites that do.   One more thing, if you buy local buy at a Plumbing supply store, not at a big box store.  The latter sells cheaper faucets with more plastic parts. 

Edited by TranquilMind
  • Like 2

Go with Delta (top Plumber recommendation) or Hans Grohe or Krauss. I LOVE Krauss -very high quality.

I've installed a lot of faucets over the years as a landlord and always keep going back to these, especially Delta. They are just more reliable. You couldn't pay me to take a Moen now, after several bad experiences.

Amazon sells most of the best ones and there are also other good sites that do. One more thing, if you buy local buy at a Plumbing supply store, not at a big box store. The latter sells cheaper faucets with more plastic parts.

What happened to your Moen faucets? (I have two that failed, but they were really old.)

I would have been happy to buy delta - but they were almost all pull-out sprayers or builder grade low rise. (and mostly very modern appearance)  those don't work for me.  I even went to their site to look at faucets.

Look at the high end ones.   Faucetdirect.com is one place that has good ones.  https://www.faucetdirect.com/

Never buy them at a big box store.