Menu

Secular Financial Literacy Course for high school?

Here are links to 3 secular resources -- I'm just cutting/pasting from a previous thread:
The Actuarial Foundation: Building Your Future -- downloadable, 4 units: Banking, Financing, Investing, Succeeding
NWT Literacy Council: Money Math -- downloadable workbook on Personal Finance, Saving Money, Consumer Math
Money Skills -- full curriculum; online reality-based personal finance high school program

And in a recent thread on personal finance, klmama linked the Glencoe Personal Finance textbook which has online resources and supplements. It is also secular.

• Like 1

Check out the H&R Block Budget Challenge http://hrblock.budgetchallenge.com/

I couldn't get that link to work, but this one did (not sure why as they look the same). Just a note that it started in September, so you'd have to wait until next fall to fully complete the next one. (I don't know if they would allow him to register & just do the final three simulations or not.)

I couldn't get that link to work, but this one did (not sure why as they look the same). Just a note that it started in September, so you'd have to wait until next fall to fully complete the next one. (I don't know if they would allow him to register & just do the final three simulations or not.)

Unless they've changed it drastically since my daughter did it a couple of years ago, the student only does one of the simulation modules. They are all basically the same and start at different times to accommodate a variety of schedules rather than being a series.

It looks like you can create a class as late as early February. http://hrblock.budgetchallenge.com/Portals/1/Documents/FAQ_2016-2017.pdf

• Like 1