Menu

Urgent dog Veterinary advice? - update

Mabelen

Update - I am in disbelief, but she has made a remarkable comeback. I said "walk?"and she immediately perked up. I took her for a walk, she pooped, and peed. She sniffed and was happy. We came back home, I prepared some chicken in broth an mixed it with her breakfast kibble. She gobbled it up. She went out to the back yard and chased a lizard. She peed again and then drank some water. I watched sitting in a garden chair, she jumped onto my lap and is fine. What on earth?? My husband says it could be the rain yesterday!? I mean, I know she doesn't like the cold and rain, but we are in Southern California! It doesn't ever get that cold! We had some drizzle yesterday and we only got up to the low 70s, but come on!

If she continues to be fine, I will postpone the appointment to another day for a more convenient time. She is due for a checkup anyway.

My 4 year old Chihuahua mix has not been herself since yesterday. She had breakfast and acted normal in the morning but then in the evening she was not active and she had only a morsel of chicken I hand fed her. She has not gone to the bathroom since before lunch yesterday. She didn't eat anything today and I haven't seen her drink since yesterday morning.

I have an appointment at 4.00. Should I look for an earlier appointment? Any other advice?

Edited by Mabelen