Menu

CSS Profile???

Ann.without.an.e

Fafsa = easy peasy.  I start feeling all confident and bammmm....CSS profile  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

How in the world????

Do I need to give documentation for all of this stuff.  I didn't keep medical records because it was just under the amount to write off on taxes but I know close to the amount?

How do I estimate future stuff?  I mean, they are asking me to estimate dd's income for the 2017-2018 school year and our income for the 2017 tax year and I have no idea.  

What about savings account that is solely being used like an escrow account because we pay our own homeowners insurance and taxes?  Do I count that as savings? 

Thanks for any thoughts or tips.

Edited by Attolia

No, you don't need documentation.  We also had medical expenses that were below for IRS but since we moved to this state, they were above this state's minimum for a while.

Thanks, Chris.  This is exactly what I wanted to know.  We keep a detailed budget so I know what we paid but when we didn't reach the federal deduction limit I threw out receipts.  ugh

No documentation needed normally. (I imagine if they find something odd, they may specifically ask...)

I estimated based on previous year's figures.

I don't see any reason why a savings account you use for taxes and insurance should not count - it's still your money, and thus an asset.