Menu

is there a company that sells bio experiments?

Runningmom80

You can buy bio kits that contain the standard stuff. Home Science Tools is a good place to start. Carolina is sometimes picky about selling to homeschoolers directly.

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/life-science-biology?b_gift_ideas=149

They also sell science kits designed to go with different curricula. Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy a kit than to buy the products separately, and I'vs had no trouble finding lab sheets for standard high school stuff online if the assumption is that the instructions are in the book.

• Like 1

My fish tank used to have plenty of algae :lol: The gallon jug we use as a watering can has algae too.

So your son could just get a small tank, or cut open a gallon water jug, pour water and leave in a sunny spot.

Or you can buy marimo moss balls from PetSmart or PetCo or any fish pet store and that is algae for him to play and grow.

• Like 2

My fish tank used to have plenty of algae :lol: The gallon jug we use as a watering can has algae too.

So your son could just get a small tank, or cut open a gallon water jug, pour water and leave in a sunny spot.

Or you can buy marimo moss balls from PetSmart or PetCo or any fish pet store and that is algae for him to play and grow.

We just got rid of a saltwater tank, because we couldn't keep the algae under control! :lol:  DS became friends with the owner of the saltwater fish store, I bet if we went in there they would give us some.