Menu

Differences between editions of IEW

kbutton

What product?

Some things have been revised and improved (e.g. TWSS and Fix-It).  I believe the history based writing lessons products have been updated to better coordinate with the TWSS.  Other items have not been changed.  If something has been modified it should say which edition it is on the cover.  

I don't have them in front of me but I upgraded from the original to the current TWSS when they were letting people do it really cheaply. The updated version of TWSS has more DVDs, the DVDs were all updated so the quality is better, explanations are clearer and it goed into more depth, IIRC. The order and layout was restructured but I can't remember specifics or to what extent. I am traveling but can look at them later. I still have the old notebook with the table of contents. I had to send the old DVDs back to get the upgrade.

Fix-It was really revised and revamped and beefed up compared to its predecessor. Like a LOT.

While the original version of TWSS is probably fine for writing instruction (although the new version is easier to use IMHO) I would not use the original Fix It as a full grammar program.

• Like 1

I don't have them in front of me but I upgraded from the original to the current TWSS when they were letting people do it really cheaply. The updated version of TWSS has more DVDs, the DVDs were all updated so the quality is better, explanations are clearer and it goed into more depth, IIRC. The order and layout was restructured but I can't remember specifics or to what extent. I am traveling but can look at them later. I still have the old notebook with the table of contents. I had to send the old DVDs back to get the upgrade.

Fix-It was really revised and revamped and beefed up compared to its predecessor. Like a LOT.

While the original version of TWSS is probably fine for writing instruction (although the new version is easier to use IMHO) I would not use the original Fix It as a full grammar program.

When you say current edition, you mean the third edition?