Menu

Magnetic Walls? Do you have one?

We are interested in magnetizing one of our walls.

Does anyone out there on the boards have a magnetic wall? Did you use panels or the magnetic paint, and if so, does either work well to hold up to constant use? TIA!

One of my best friends did this in her 15yr dd room! They used magnetic primer & paint and YES it works!!!! The girls have had a blast adding pictures & art work all over the walls!!!

We do! I wanted a magnetic wall beneath a 4 ft x 6 ft world map so that we could put up pictures of landmarks, clippings from newspapers, etc. We decided to go with a piece of sheet metal on the wall instead of the paint because it's stronger & the laminated map is rather thick. (I wanted to be able to also use dry-erase markers on it.) My dh screwed the metal onto the wall and then we glued the map to it. We love it, but it's definitely a permanent display!

yvonne

We are interested in magnetizing one of our walls.

Does anyone out there on the boards have a magnetic wall? Did you use panels or the magnetic paint, and if so, does either work well to hold up to constant use? TIA!

we used the paint. did 2 coats and then covered with the room color. it does work BUT with common refrigerator magnets it's almost useless. you need to get small, strong magnets or anything more than a sheet of looselead paper needs scotch tape back up.

we used the paint. did 2 coats and then covered with the room color. it does work BUT with common refrigerator magnets it's almost useless. you need to get small, strong magnets or anything more than a sheet of looselead paper needs scotch tape back up.

Same here.... did a door. I wasn't overly impressed - aka, i'm not doing that again. I"d rather use some sort of metal.