Menu

TI 84 CE $88 on Amazon today

Good catch OP.  The thread I began about this last year also was about one week after "Prime Day".  I'd looked for that calculator on Prime Day and never saw it discounted, but a week or 10 days later, I bought it from Amazon at a much lower price.  

@Morning Glory (Jetta)  - Last year some people on WTM found it at Target or Wal Mart for very low prices.  Check around and go to CamelCamelCamel.comm and post alerts for "New" from Amazon and "New" from Amazon Marketplace Sellers.

Good catch OP.  The thread I began about this last year also was about one week after "Prime Day".  I'd looked for that calculator on Prime Day and never saw it discounted, but a week or 10 days later, I bought it from Amazon at a much lower price.  

@Morning Glory (Jetta)  - Last year some people on WTM found it at Target or Wal Mart for very low prices.  Check around and go to CamelCamelCamel.comm and post alerts for "New" from Amazon and "New" from Amazon Marketplace Sellers.

CamelCamelCamel did not seem to have this deal in their price history

• Like 1

CamelCamelCamel did not seem to have this deal in their price history

I assume (and believe) that CamelCamelCamel.com servers can check prices of items people are looking for, once or twice a day and that if they did that more frequently, Amazon would block them.

In my memory, CamelCamelCamel.com did not alert me to that low price for the TI calculator last year, when we bought it.  I suspect it was only available for a few hours, at that price.

Also, CamelCamelCamel.com did not alert me when BetterWorldBooks listed (to my absolute astonishment) the 9th grade English textbook I needed to buy for DD last year.  I believe that I looked at the Amazon SERPs for it, possibly within minutes, after they listed it for one cent plus shipping, in "Very Good" condition.  That reinforces my belief that CamelCamelCamel.com checks the price of each item, once or twice a day, as permitted by Amazon.

For other items, I have received price alerts from CamelCamelCamel.com that have been valuable to us.  At the moment, I have them tracking the 10th grade English textbook I need to buy for DD at this time.

The incredible fluctuations I saw on Amazon, the first week of July 2016, for the Corsair SSD I wanted to buy for my Mobile Workstation really amazed me. It had been at $55 and I was going to buy it, and then it went up to $83 and only for Prime customers.  I bought it from someone on eBay for $63 and the carton with that and some other things is in Customs in Bogota today and hopefully will be delivered to our house tomorrow.   Amazon then lowered the price of that Corsair SSD.  So, on some (popular) items, they seem to raise and lower the price, frequently.

I looked at the link almost immediately after OP posted and did not see this deal anywhere on Amazon.  Not sure why.

I looked about 30-45 min after OP and didn't see this deal anywhere on Amazon either...maybe just a few available or something targeted to OP person?

ETA: I checked on my laptop, linked to my Amazon account.

Edited by Brad S
  • Like 1

I looked at the link almost immediately after OP posted and did not see this deal anywhere on Amazon. Not sure why.

I looked at the link close to midnight pacific time and did see the price. My kids already have their TI84 Plus CE from last year sales but I was looking out for friends.

Local retail has started dropping by $20 from MSRP but nowhere near $88 yet.

ETA:

I checked on my phone, not linked to my Amazon account. I'm in NorCal.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1