Menu

New Han Solo

Seasider

Eh.

This guy played a young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3452021/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t30

He can do a dead on vocal for Ford. I thought they had dubbed in Harrison Ford's voice and used computer wizardry to make him sound younger. But nope. It was the actor's own voice.

They should have used him. The guy they chose looks nothing like Harrison Ford. But maybe he's a good enough actor to make up for it.

Edited by LucyStoner

Eh.

This guy played a young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3452021/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t30

He can do a dead on vocal for Ford. I thought they had dubbed in Harrison Ford's voice and used computer wizardry to make him sound younger. But nope. It was the actor's own voice.

They should have used him. The guy they chose looks nothing like Harrison Ford. But maybe he's a good enough actor to make up for it.

Wow, he looks more like what I would have expected. But my first thought when I heard they'd announced the casting was, "But can he SOUND like Han Solo?"

• Like 1

Wow, he looks more like what I would have expected. But my first thought when I heard they'd announced the casting was, "But can he SOUND like Han Solo?"

I don't know what the dude they have cast sounds like. But the guy I linked to from Age of Adaline made me think his voice WAS actually Harrison Ford. That said, a good actor can make up for that.

I ran my sentences together above, I was actually speaking of both the actors. The one you linked looks like a young Harrison Ford. I had Age of Adaline checked out from the library, but had to return it before I had a chance to watch it. I am now intrigued and will pick it up again!

The actor actually cast didn't really speak enough in the clip I saw to determine whether or not he would sound like Han Solo. I imagine much of Solo is in the swaggery delivery. We'll see if he can pull it off.

• Like 1

Apparently Anthony Ingruber, the guy I linked, has some degree of YouTube fame for celebrity impressions so his Harrison Ford voice is prolly one of his impressions. I have only seen him in Age of Adaline and didn't know about his impressions. If you have Amazon Prime, it's free on their streaming.

• Like 1