Menu

Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this is funny!!

This thread has had me cracking up all evening.

I KNOW it is terrible that this youth pastor gave this to the youth group. I'd be ticked too. Really, I would.

But doesn't anyone else find just a smidge of humor in it? I'm sure the authors of the quiz were just trying to find clever synonyms for lips and did not really understand the connotation of labia!!

I know. I have a seriously demented sense of humor!

You know, I hadn't read that thread. But now I'm dying to know the answers to those questions on the quiz. Have you figured it out?

It's in one of the later posts. The first one is Red Hots and the second is Kisses. But, ya gotta admit that "labial massage" might send a different message.

Oh. I was thinking much dirtier. So yes, those answers seem obvious.

"Labial massage" -- who are these youth leaders? Did they just go badly wrong with a thesaurus? Who'd a thunk it, that in the hands of the wrong people, that little reference guide could cause such a hullabaloo?

It's in one of the later posts. The first one is Red Hots and the second is Kisses. But, ya gotta admit that "labial massage" might send a different message.

The thing is there is no "other" meaning to this, am I right? The definition of Labial isn't interchangable with lips on your face, correct??

BTW I hadn't read the other thread so needless to say I was.......... :svengo:

I would be pretty PO'ed but then would later think it was.....maybe humorous unless it was my kids getting the paper.

Edited by Momto4kids

The thing is there is no "other" meaning to this, am I right? The definition of Labial isn't interchangable with lips on your face, correct??

BTW I hadn't read the other thread so needless to say I was.......... :svengo:

I would be pretty PO'ed but then would later think it was.....maybe humorous unless it was my kids getting the paper.

My dictionary has labial "of or relating to the lips". No other definition.

And it was the kids getting the paper for the game, from what I understand.

This thread has had me cracking up all evening.

I KNOW it is terrible that this youth pastor gave this to the youth group. I'd be ticked too. Really, I would.

But doesn't anyone else find just a smidge of humor in it? I'm sure the authors of the quiz were just trying to find clever synonyms for lips and did not really understand the connotation of labia!!

I know. I have a seriously demented sense of humor!

It is hilarious, but not appropriate for youth group! I know labia can mean either the female part or the mouth, but if I was not a nurse (and familiar with the Latin for "lips"), I wouldn't have guessed the mouth. :tongue_smilie:

It is hilarious, but not appropriate for youth group! I know labia can mean either the female part or the mouth, but if I was not a nurse (and familiar with the Latin for "lips"), I wouldn't have guessed the mouth. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, I agree that it is not appropriate for youth group.

I find it hilarious but now that I have read the quiz I am laughing even more, click the link then look at #23, poor kitty lol or #20 which makes me think of saggy booKs "Lactic flops" the people who used that quiz, clearly never really read it, they found the quiz and printed it off without another thought

From my computer's version of the Oxford English Dictionary:

labial |ˈlābēəl|

adjective

1 chiefly Anatomy of or relating to the lips.

• Dentistry (of the surface of a tooth) adjacent to the lips.

• Zoology of, resembling, or serving as a lip, liplike part, or labium.

2 Phonetics (of a consonant) requiring complete or partial closure of the lips (e.g., p, b, f, v, m, w), or (of a vowel) requiring rounded lips (e.g., oo in m oo n).

noun Phonetics

a labial sound.

DERIVATIVES

labialize |-ˌlīz| verb (in sense 2) .

labially adverb

ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from medieval Latin labialis, from Latin labium ‘lip.’

That is all it says - no mention of anything more than something to do with lips. Of course, when I entered the word without the final 'l" I got a completely different definition. Maybe with the "l" it is a completely innocent term? "Libidinous" on the other hand.....not sure why that would be on a candy quiz in a book published by Zondervan.:confused:

I find it hilarious but now that I have read the quiz I am laughing even more, click the link then look at #23, poor kitty lol or #20 which makes me think of saggy booKs "Lactic flops" the people who used that quiz, clearly never really read it, they found the quiz and printed it off without another thought

I didn't even read the lactic flops!!!! LOL