Menu

Runners/walkers, should we check in weekly rather than daily?

I've noticed a major downturn these past few weeks in the number of people posting to the daily running/walking check-ins. More and more often, there are no replies or only just one or two when someone posts. I've been posting less often in general. I like keeping in touch with other runners, in particular, but maybe now that we're in the thick of school, we should aim instead for a weekly, rather than daily, thread. A thread started each Monday, for example (or name another day you prefer).

What say you? Another option is to set up a social group but to be honest, I'm not too into the groups and I like the "more the merrier" style of just posting on the board. Btw, you can vote for more than one option.

Edited by Colleen

I don't normally check in, but may I announce that I ran my first 5K today?! I have never run that distance before. I usually only run about 2 miles. I completed it in 31 minutes. :)

:hurray:

That is great! Very encouraging. Maybe I will get out and run tomorrow.

I voted for the following:

Weekly

General Board

Hot Toddies

:D

I *really* miss the activity level the thread had in the summer, but there's only so much time in the day. Now that school is well upon us, I have much less time than I did back then. I'm posting less in general too.

Hot toddy anyone??? :D :party:

Okay - I voted. I'm fine with weekly checkins. I'm not on the computer much now that we're in the thick of things with school. I also haven't had time to figure out the social groups yet, so please don't take it there!!

I'd LOVE to share a hot toddy with all of you after a run on a cold day!

Oh - and I just signed up for another race! I'll be running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. It's called the Turkey Trot. My boys are all running the Mashed Potato Mile! Sounds like a fun race!

I love the daily check in.

I lost a lot of momentum during that nasty cold. Then, came the out of town journey....

Well, I'm back. I'd love a daily post on the general board to remind me to get back in the groove.

I'm always up for hot toddies.;)