Menu

Free Online Gradebook?

Our co-op has used and been happy with Engrade in the past. I just logged in to get set up for next year and learned they are discontinuing the free program as of September 1. We are just small potatoes and don't want a fee based program, so does anyone have a recommendation for an alternate online gradebook?

I am so upset that Engrade is going away. Did you notice that even if you pay, your quizzes etc. cannot be transferred? I just started looking into this last night and will investigate igradeplus more. Let me know what you find out as well. 

I really like Thinkwave.

Another one you may want to look at if you are running a co-op: Learnboost

I am glad we have options, Having to use spreadsheets to calculate grades would be a pain. I hate that all the quizzes and wikis I have made (some of which I worked on  this summer) will just disapear:(

I had a lot of problems with co-op parents using Learnboost and switched to ThinkWave. Thinkwave is set up for individual teachers, but the teachers can have multiple classes, so maybe with a shared password, it could work for a co-op. Don't set up as a school, or it becomes fee based.

Edited by elladarcy

I had a lot of problems with co-op parents using Learnboost and switched to ThinkWave. Thinkwave is set up for individual teachers, but the teachers can have multiple classes, so maybe with a shared password, it could work for a co-op. Don't set up as a school, or it becomes fee based.

Hello elladarcy,

My co-op is in the process of changing from Engrade to Learnboost. I am not in-charge of making this decision but if you could elaborate on the problems there were I would appreciated it so I can pass the information along.

Thank you!!

Hello elladarcy,

My co-op is in the process of changing from Engrade to Learnboost. I am not in-charge of making this decision but if you could elaborate on the problems there were I would appreciated it so I can pass the information along.

Thank you!!

It's been a year now, but mostly remember the problems were email related. Families lost their password, and couldn't retrieve it, trouble with families who had more then one student had trouble getting both students connected to the email. On my end, even though it looked like I could send messages and invitations to join a class through the site, I really couldn't. It wasn't at all intuitive.

Thinkwave has been so much easier, and when I accidentally activated a school account, a real person answered my email and reset my account. I did have trouble rolling from one year to the next.

• Like 1