Menu

Road trip from Illinois to Toronto. Quebec and Montreal.

Only me

We are looking into going to Canada for vacation in late July. We would be going to Toronto, Montreal and Quebec. We will only have a day or two for each. What are some "not to miss" places to go for our family of five including 3 young adults. We would like a mixture of things to do. So far we will be going to the Hockey Hall of Fame and Niagra Falls. I can't do anything too active due to pain so that rules out long hikes or active water sports. I think we are going to a baseball game in Detroit on the way there.

Well, be aware that Niagara falls is about 2-3 hours from Toronto.

Must sees:

CN Tower

Ripley's aquarium

Dundas square and general downtown walking\harbourfont

That's all I can think of right now.

:)

Have fun!

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DH and I did that trip last summer. We drove thru Toronto , spent the night in port hope, and went in to Montreal for three nights. We then went on to Bar Harbor Maine, and came back thru Niagra Falls. We did not have any kids, so our trip was very different than yours will be.

We loved Montreal! We did a trolley tour of the city and enjoyed that very much. it is several hours long. You can get on and off any time it stops. But you then realize when you get back on, you are on til the tour finishes.

We ate at sidewalk cafes both nights we were there. Norte Dame cathedral is gorgeous, but we just saw it from the tour. We spent some time and toured the cathedral across from our hotel, Marie Reine du Monde.

Niagra Falls was a quick stop for us as We had no interest in touristy stuff there, so no suggestions.

• Like 1

Old Montreal is gorgeous, but usually a walking tour kind of thing. I do think, as a PP said, that there are trolley tours. They won't hit some of the more quaint back streets, though, so if you're okay with *short* walks you may want to research the path that the trolley takes and see what's within your personal walking distance.

In Toronto, you'll want to do the CN tower and walk along the glass floor, etc. I'd also recommend taking the ferry out to Toronto Island. Depending on how young-at-heart your kids are, they may enjoy a trip out to Centre Island (The T.O. low budget equivalent of Coney Island, lol) while you're out there.

• Like 1

Looks like we are going to go. I'm so excited but clueless. What areas would be good to stay in for Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto? I still have a lot of research left to do but we will be staying two nights in Buffalo and mostly just seeing the falls and downtown, two nights in Montreal and mostly just touring the city. In Toronto we are doing a lot: Hockey hall of fame, Blue Jays game, CN towers, ferry to islands and going to Canada's Wonderland amusement park. We will be there for 4 nights. I mainly just want to know if there are any particular bad areas to stay away from or some you would really recommend. Thanks!