Menu

A How to Question....

When I switch to the "threaded" or "hybrid" mode of display, the small window/box where the logic outline of the thread is displayed continues off the right margin of my computer screen. I have to move the left/right window display "slider" to get to the "scrolled down" window slider of this smaller interior window.

And by the way, folks who do not title their posts, the entire contents of the posts are displayed and the longer the post the "wider" the window. This makes using these display modes, which are more logical for me, almost impossible.

Is there a fix, so that smaller window remains within the original full screen on the computer? I am using Windows Explorer and for reasons falling into the catagory of matramonial happiness, I'm not allowed to download any other browsers.

Edited by Anne Rittenhouse

I don't think any of us has been able to figure out a fix. I don't generally read in that mode, but when I do, I select some of the text in the box (not click on it, but highlight it) and scroll over. If you do that, it pulls the screen over and you can see more text on the right. Make any sense?

When I switch to the "threaded" or "hybrid" mode of display, the small window/box where the logic outline of the thread is displayed continues off the right margin of my computer screen. I have to move the left/right window display "slider" to get to the "scrolled down" window slider of this smaller interior window.

And by the way, folks who do not title their posts, the entire contents of the posts are displayed and the longer the post the "wider" the window. This makes using these display modes, which are more logical for me, almost impossible.

Is there a fix, so that smaller window remains within the original full screen on the computer? I am using Windows Explorer and for reasons falling into the catagory of matramonial happiness, I'm not allowed to download any other browsers.

Which is why I do not use hybrid mode. No fix.