Menu

So has anyone here had/have a urethral diverticulum?

SparklyUnicorn

Going tomorrow to a urologist.  This seems likely what I have based on symptoms.  I just want to know what kind of fun time I'm in for.  According to on-line stuff it requires surgery, but it doesn't seem too crazy.  Although having stuff shoved up your urethra is generally not fun (BTDT).  As a kid I had a procedure that involved dilating my urethra which is 1000 times more painful than childbirth.  So....  And I'm not entirely sure why exactly I had that procedure.  Something about blood in my urine.  Except that never took care of the problem or any problem I've had down there.  The one person who may know, my mother, isn't alive to ask. 

On the plus side I'm in a lot less pain than a week ago. 

Just not sure when I'll fit in surgery!

Sparkly - they didn't put you under local when they did that as a kid?  :ohmy:   I had something similar done to me as a small child and I was always put under.  It was still outpatient (even back in the 60s/70s), but at least I didn't know what was happening.   I actually don't know what was wrong with me as I was pretty young at the time (under 10), but it sounds like the same procedure that was described to me.

I do not have any experience with UD.  hoping all the best for you.

• Like 1

Sparkly - they didn't put you under local when they did that as a kid?  :ohmy:   I had something similar done to me as a small child and I was always put under.  It was still outpatient (even back in the 60s/70s), but at least I didn't know what was happening.   I actually don't know what was wrong with me as I was pretty young at the time (under 10), but it sounds like the same procedure that was described to me.

I do not have any experience with UD.  hoping all the best for you.

No, they did not.  I went there on a regular basis.  So at first every week.  Then that got spaced out more.  I remember begging my mother not to go for the last one and she didn't take me. 

It hurt like crazy.  To this day I do not know why they didn't use anything for pain.  Two male doctors held me down.  Not only was it horrible, it didn't do anything other than hurt. 

No way in hell would I let them do that to me now.  That's the only reason I'm going.  I know I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

No, they did not.  I went there on a regular basis.  So at first every week.  Then that got spaced out more.  I remember begging my mother not to go for the last one and she didn't take me. 

It hurt like crazy.  To this day I do not know why they didn't use anything for pain.  Two male doctors held me down.  Not only was it horrible, it didn't do anything other than hurt. 

No way in hell would I let them do that to me now.  That's the only reason I'm going.  I know I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

How awful.   Just thinking about that makes my skin crawl.