Menu

Quick Speed Queen Question

Kassia

Thanks to all of you enablers, I bought a Speed Queen washing machine and it was delivered this morning.  

I read the manual and it recommends high efficiency laundry detergent.  I have some open liquid detergent that I was using and it is not he.  Can I still use it?  I don't know if my SQ is a high efficiency machine (I have the basic model) and if the manual is recommending the he detergent or if he detergent is actually required.  

Edited by ebh87
  • Like 1

Hahaha I've always wanted to be an enabler!!

You can use either I believe- the eco cycle might work better with the HE as it uses less water, but I never use that cycle anyway. :d I only use HE right now because I had stocked up on a ton of it before I switched out, but once I run out of my stockpile I will buy whatever it cheapest. My understanding is that you can use either detergent on a non-HE machine, but you should only use HE on an HE machine because of the suds. 

Happy washing! 

Can you fit a king sized quilt in a speed queen? I really want one when we replace our awful Kenmore.

Thanks,

Suzanne

I haven't tried, but if no one else answers I will try and drag one out of storage sometime this weekend and let you know!