Menu

Ancient China supplements for SOTW?

1MoreThought

My daughters, 5.5 and 7, are adopted from China and I want to spend extra time on Ancient Chinese history when we come to those segments of Story of the World-1. (We hit the first one in just a few weeks.)

What are your favorite resources for learning about Ancient China? Books, activity books, crafts, kits ... whatever you like, I'm interested. I envision doing a lot of this over the years. Thank you so much!

Jeanette

1MoreThought on our homeschool adventure ...

I used "Ancient China: To the Great Wall of China and Beyond". This is a unit study. I just use the portion for the time period we are studying that year along with the resources they suggest or applicable subtitutes.

Eve, that one sounds really promising and unlike anything I already own (Ancient China: To the Great Wall and Beyond.) We have quite a few picture books, coloring books, etc. but I'd like to bump it up a notch with activities and a chronological look at ancient history that goes a little more indepth.

I do like Trivium Academy's idea of using more literature for history at this age. (My daughters are 5 and 7.) That was recently mentioned in another thread. I'll dig deeper there, too. I really appreciate everyone's ideas!

Jeanette

1MoreThought on our homeschool adventure ...

Edited by 1MoreThought