Menu

Math Mammoth Parents: What to Use in 8th Grade?

Alicia64

My plan is Foresters for my oldest and AoPS for my younger daughter. They are both very different in the way they think about math. One is very analytical and the other struggles so I don't think AoPS would work for both of them. Maria Miller suggest Forester along side Math Without Borders. I have noticed the reviews for the Math Without Borders videos are mixed so we will see how that goes.

Agreed, you are ready for Algebra. There are lots of options - have fun figuring it out!

I am really liking Videotext Algebra, which I'm using for Algebra 1 review/Algebra 2 with dd13.  We used a whole hodge-podge of things between MM6 and this (MM7 wasn't out yet) including Zaccaro Real World Algebra, the three Arbor math books (Jousting Armadillos, Crocodiles & Coconuts, Chuckles the Rocket Dog) and half of Jacobs.  I hesitate to speculate what I will do with dd9, but I could see sticking with MM through MM7 and then going right into Videotext.