Menu

Dr Hive...1st perm teeth question

Mama Geek

Dd's first tooth came out within the last 2 weeks and her new one has cut through the gums in the last few days.  She is now running a fever and has a little bit of an upset stomach.  The upset stomach has been off and on for a couple of days.  I know fevers are related to new teeth coming but is an upset stomach also?  She hasn't actually gotten sick she just feels like she might.  She also had one morning where she was stopped up but it had cleared up by lunchtime, she has been sleeping more and has had less energy.

If she's had sinus issues and allergies run in your family, I'd shine a flashlight in her throat.  I'd guess she's got some post nasal drip and swallowing it is giving her a tummy ache.  I'd let it go unless she developed more severe symptoms, but we all have allergies here.

If you don't have allergies, I would assume a virus, or more remotely, childhood migraines.

When my older son cut his eye teeth he had an upset tummy and diarrhea. I took him to the pediatrician 3 times and she assured me that was normal for teething. It stopped the day his teeth cut halfway in so I assume she was right.