Menu

Dry erase markers that don't stain?

Epicurean

The only ones I've heard of that don't stain clothes are by Crayola, but there are a ton of one star reviews of those on Amazon.

I have an activity book that's meant to be used with a dry erase marker, and I intended to put other sheets in page protectors since I've heard that the minimal friction of the markers makes it easier for kids to focus on the writing. My daughter loves drawing along the dotted lines and being guided to make letters, etc. but she's only two. I'm afraid she's going to stain her clothes.

Any recommendations?

I've gotten the regular Expo ones on clothes and it comes out. I don't fuss much about kids' clothes though, so this wouldn't be a major worry for me. My bigger concern would be for a 2 yo that they don't last super long and aren't super cheap. If she leaves the cap off, that marker is dead fast. Also, if she uses it on other surfaces, it will also go kaput much faster. I think any sensory writing benefits would be outweighed by the hassle of policing the markers with a 2 yo.

The dry erase crayons that Crayola makes are a cool product - good for littles who want to draw on the white board but can't be trusted not to ruin the markers or use them on everything in creation. But they won't have the same sensory benefit.

I'd just look for other things. She's soooo little. In a couple of years, she'll be way more responsible with things like dry erase markers. And there are so many fun, sweet sensory friendly ways for littles to play with writing their letters.