Menu

Any suggestions for a teacher gift for a wonderful teacher who is retiring

lynn

My standard gift is a plant or restaurant gift card. I imagine 25+ years of teaching = a lot of "stuff". So should I do stick with restaurant gift card and a note of appreciation? Or do you have another idea? She really is an inspiring teacher. My Dd loved her class.

As a teacher and professor, it's the cards that I ALWAYS save. I have some real gems.

I always prefer "consumables" if they want to give something else -- flowers, gift cards, bread, etc. are always appreciated. I'm not an indoor plant person, but once someone gave me an azalea bush. That was good too!

Please no "best teacher ever" mugs, bags, throws, etc. 

• Like 1

Agreeing with the others. (And NO fudge! I LOVE fudge, but particularly is she is single that is more fudge than anyone needs.LOL)

I still have all the kind notes that were given to me somewhere in a file. I kept them and would read them on hard days/hard years.

That said, bookstore gift cards and restaurant gift cards are/were really nice. I like plants, too. I'm not sure I ever got one.