Menu

Timeline games? favorite figures / charts / summaries?

Tell me your favorite timeline game, figures, books, all-in-one summaries! Looking for both world & American, middle-school-ish level (or any level, really).

(Does anyone have this game? http://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-TIM01USASM-Timeline/dp/B005N57CNU )

Looking for a book like this one, but for much less than $45 - free would be good. :) (The part I like is the readability of the paragraph format, broken down by general sections.)

We have the game you linked and really enjoy it.

I'm hoping to get more of the sets so we can mix them all together and play.

Games are pretty short so it's not too time intensive. My only complaint is the cards are small. They are not normal playing card size. It's not so awful you can't read it, but it would make them easier to hold.

We have two versions of the Timeline game linked above. I had DH create a template so we could make our own cards to add to the deck. We haven't yet, but I'm excited to try it out.

The game isn't comprehensive, and so I wouldn't rely on it for studying dates from your history studies (unless of course you made cards with your own dates like I suggested above).

When we read SOTW I have my son write a short summary on an index card.  I put a number on the back so they are all in a sequence.  Then we play our own game of trying to put them in order, flipping them over to self-check with the numbers on the other side.  You could do a more accurate version with dates, but I'm just trying to get him to have the general flow of history down.