Menu

AP Exam length

I'm trying to figure out what time to go get my dd. Her Computer Science exam started this morning at 8:00am. She told me to be there at 11:45 - 12:00, but when I look online, it looks like each section is 1.5 hours long. Should I go at 11:00am?

The reading of instructions for each section and the break(s) add time. It can also take time to get everyone settled in the correct seats (some schools build that into the schedule by having the kids arrive earlier than the official start time).

I'd arrive when she told you, assuming the school let the kids know about pickup when she did the pre-administration paperwork. Or go at 11:30 and bring a book :)

• Like 1

True. Her teacher told her to arrive no later than 7:15 so she got there at 7:00. Perhaps he was the one who told them 11:45 to 12:00. I didn't think to ask. He told them not to bring their phones either so she can't text when she's done. Plus, I'm coordinating pickup time with my ds who is taking a college final which he will probably finish by 11:15. I hope he doesn't take longer than that. I would rather him wait than her because she doesn't have her phone and I want to be there as soon as she is ready. Now I've got to figure out how to find her. I'm thinking everyone in the test will leave at the same time and I'm assuming she's not the only one who had someone drop them off rather than drive themselves.