Menu

s/o Vitamix - 2 containers???

sheryl

The unit is sold with a wet container.  The dry container is sold separately.   Is there really a difference b/t the wet blade and dry blade? 

I'm ready to make my Vitamix purchase but am holding out a few days to see if there is a Mother's Day special. 

Silly question - I bought the KA cobalt blue lift mixer.  Remember my post from a few months ago.  Good choice.   I have a choice b/t the following Vitamix colors and am uncertain which to get:  lemongrass, blue (like an aqua), cinnamon, red and slate.   They have black and white but I'd rather get a color.  Which color would best go with the KA and earth tone granite?

Thanks!

The unit is sold with a wet container.  The dry container is sold separately.   Is there really a difference b/t the wet blade and dry blade? 

I'm ready to make my Vitamix purchase but am holding out a few days to see if there is a Mother's Day special. 

Silly question - I bought the KA cobalt blue lift mixer.  Remember my post from a few months ago.  Good choice.   I have a choice b/t the following Vitamix colors and am uncertain which to get:  lemongrass, blue (like an aqua), cinnamon, red and slate.   They have black and white but I'd rather get a color.  Which color would best go with the KA and earth tone granite?

Thanks!

I have both containers. So far I have only used the wet container. IDK how much of a difference there really is, although if you had asked me when I bought it three years ago, right after the demonstration at the fair, I'm sure I could have told you, lol.

I have the red one. Love it. I think red would go better than any of the other colors.

thanks, ellie!  so, the dry isn't necessary, I take it. ?????  is there a difference in the blade?

Thanks for the color choice!  I'll make it known what color/s I'm leaning towards after I get a few more replies - if there will be any.  :)

The wet container is better for smoothies and the dry container is better for grinding dry stuff like seeds or nuts. I think it has something to do with the directions the blades go. The wet one has the mixture spin so it all mixes. The dry one pushes stuff outward and doesn't mix as well. My dh was having troubles with his smoothies when we first got our vitamix until I noticed him using the dry container. Mine came with both, im not sure I would have bought the dry one if it had been extra. I do use both a lot.

I believe you make the nut butters in the wet one.  You grind flour/coffee DRY things in the dry container.  Ours mostly gets used to make spice rubs.  We buy the spice seeds and then grind them together.  I have used it for grinding flours, making powdered sugar, etc. too.

ok, thanks y'all!  I appreciate that clarification.

ok, ellie, you mentioned red.  All along I've been going back and forth b/t cinnamon and slate.    I'm trying to determine which one would go better with the cobalt blue KA!   :)

THANKS!