Menu

Toyota Sienna anyone?

dsmith

That 8th seat is beyond useless.

I think the 2005 (or 2006?) might have been the last year they had a full eight seater where that 2nd row middle seat was a FULL middle seat. The 2005 Odyssey eight-seater had a jump seat in that 2nd row middle seat when we looked at it before buying the Toyota. That was a deal-breaker & actually one reason why I wouldn't buy a newer Sienna. They (engineers? marketing?) totally ruined the 8-seater concept when they downsized that seat into a junk depository. (Because, really, who would want to sit in that tiny of a seat anyway?)

We fit three car seats across in the 2nd row older Sienna with no issues. Two infant seats work fine in the 3rd row getting things in & out. However, make sure you actually look at the tethering & other car seat connection stuff in the specific vehicle you want to get. That 3rd row has some funky LATCH & tether locations that don't make any sense to us. It limited our car seat location options.

I think the 2005 (or 2006?) might have been the last year they had a full eight seater where that 2nd row middle seat was a FULL middle seat. The 2005 Odyssey eight-seater had a jump seat in that 2nd row middle seat when we looked at it before buying the Toyota. That was a deal-breaker & actually one reason why I wouldn't buy a newer Sienna. They (engineers? marketing?) totally ruined the 8-seater concept when they downsized that seat into a junk depository. (Because, really, who would want to sit in that tiny of a seat anyway?)

We fit three car seats across in the 2nd row older Sienna with no issues. Two infant seats work fine in the 3rd row getting things in & out. However, make sure you actually look at the tethering & other car seat connection stuff in the specific vehicle you want to get. That 3rd row has some funky LATCH & tether locations that don't make any sense to us. It limited our car seat location options.

The 2007 still has a full middle seat in the middle row.  We fit 3 carseats across ours as well.  In fact, that was my criteria when we were looking, back in 2007, and that's why we picked the Sienna over the Odyssey back then.  It's weird that now the Odyssey has a bigger middle seat, and the Sienna went backwards to a small, useless one. What were their engineers thinking?! I *think* the car salesman said it was 2010 when Toyota redesigned the middle seat, but I could be wrong.  Definitely after 2007 though.

• Like 1

The 2007 still has a full middle seat in the middle row.  We fit 3 carseats across ours as well.  In fact, that was my criteria when we were looking, back in 2007, and that's why we picked the Sienna over the Odyssey back then.  It's weird that now the Odyssey has a bigger middle seat, and the Sienna went backwards to a small, useless one. What were their engineers thinking?! I *think* the car salesman said it was 2010 when Toyota redesigned the middle seat, but I could be wrong.  Definitely after 2007 though.

There is no way I can fit 3 convertible carseats across in my middle row of my 2013.  I *might* be able to fit 2 of the narrowest infant seats in there, but my kiddo was out of the infant seats when I bought the van so I'm not sure.