Menu

OPGTR or 100 Easy Lessons

Kidlit

I found 100 EZ too distracting visually, with all of the red and black fonts and symbols, and letters of different sizes.

TOPG is very straightforward, scripted, systematic, and thorough, and provides instruction in phonics through the fourth grade level.

Don't ever apologise for asking questions here. We were all the same when we first started; you should have seen me in our first year of HS!

Having said that, now I'm probably not going to be any help to you at all because my vote goes for 100 Easy Lessons. It worked for both my boys, who learn in very different ways from each other. However, I only started when I could see that they were keen and really wanted to read.

Neither :D We have used 100 EZ Lessons with a few of our kids and it worked fine, but I wanted something different so we switched to OPGTR and I had two who hated it. We are using Reading Made Easy with my current 5 yo and she loves it! We are on lesson 19 and she has a stack of words she can read already. It was just the change we needed.

We are using OPGTR. We just finished it with my dd7 and just starting it with dd5. I did not try 100EL, but I did try Phonics Pathways. I liked OPGTR much better. I like the repetition and the order of it. I like the ease of it. I like the practice they get and the simplicity of it.

You may want to check out some of the different primers from your library (they have most of them in our county). Look through them and see what you like best and try that one out with your kiddos. Unless nothing else works, I would stay away from ones that you don't like, since you will be using it everyday too.:001_smile:

You may want to check out some of the different primers from your library (they have most of them in our county). Look through them and see what you like best and try that one out with your kiddos. Unless nothing else works, I would stay away from ones that you don't like, since you will be using it everyday too.:001_smile:

:iagree:

That's why I didn't pick 100EL - I don't like the pages. We are using OPG and it is working well. Plain and simple but it gets the job done! I do add in games and fun things when we need a change of pace but I like OPG because it's so easy to use.