Menu

America from the Beginning.... Reviews please!

I've made other posts about using Notgrass ATB in our Co-op next year. I just can't get a handle on the pacing since we only have 30 weeks, an hour each class, meeting once a week. I don't like to rush through history! I will have ages 9-13 in my class.

I did discover America From the Beginning this morning, which incorporates hands on activities, mapwork, and timeline..... Less reading than Notgrass, too.

Can anyone give me a review of this book? I can't get much of a feel from samples and would love to hear from those who have used it, are using it, or getting ready to use it!

https://answersingenesis.org/store/product/america-beginning-student-manual/?sku=10-1-517

Thank you so much.......

Jana

Edited by Murrayshire

I looked at the sample.  I'd have a VERY hard time signing a child up for that class!

"We can be thankful that the Vikings did not move to North America.  The Vikings were not Christians, and would have brought their false religion to the New World."

"..an interesting series of events led some very brave men to discover this new land."

"..foolish men spent years looking for it anyway." (Fountain of Youth)

The sample is rife with historical inaccuracies and a bias that is set to influence children to put them *against* others, not in harmony or living alongside them.  It is rude to those it disagrees with and makes no attempt to understand or care about fact.

I looked at the sample.  I'd have a VERY hard time signing a child up for that class!

"We can be thankful that the Vikings did not move to North America.  The Vikings were not Christians, and would have brought their false religion to the New World."

"..an interesting series of events led some very brave men to discover this new land."

"..foolish men spent years looking for it anyway." (Fountain of Youth)

The sample is rife with historical inaccuracies and a bias that is set to influence children to put them *against* others, not in harmony or living alongside them.  It is rude to those it disagrees with and makes no attempt to understand or care about fact.

I posted my above response when I had only looked at the table of contents. After I went back and read this sample, I agree with HomeAgain. Reading that perspective makes me ... uncomfortable to say the least.

I think I'll stick with The Complete Book of US History.

• Like 1