Menu

Boy Scout shirts?? Hot glue stains??

Like a moron, I hot glued the boys pack numbers on the wrong sleeves. I pulled the patches off of their brand new shirts last night and attempted to remove the glue by ironing it onto a piece of wax paper. All I got was big greasy looking stains.:glare: Putz.

I spent over $150 on their stuff last night and if I have to go back and buy new shirts my husband's head will blow off. I don't like headless men. ;)

Anyone have any they want to sell? Or, how do I get greasy glue stains out of brand new shirts?

Wowza Elaine! I never, ever thought of hot glue gunning those puppies! Great idea. I handstitch all of those things! Well, I did about 2 with my sewing machine, but the rest by hand.

Do you think that goo gone would work?

Yes, and look what my brilliance got me! Ahhhh!

I could try the Goo Gone.

Goo Gone is amazing stuff. I would definitely give it a whirl.

You can get Badge Magic from the Boy Scouts supply stores. I can be a pain to remove, but we were successful. DS used it to put his merit badges on his sash. Well, he didn't realize that he put them on the wrong side so that if he wears his sash correctly, the badges run down his back. He followed the directions, took them off, used goo gone and washed the sash in the laundry. Good as new!! I have heard from some moms that they don't use Badge Magic on the shirts because of concerns with the residue, but Goo Gone did the job for us.

Like a moron, I hot glued the boys pack numbers on the wrong sleeves. I pulled the patches off of their brand new shirts last night and attempted to remove the glue by ironing it onto a piece of wax paper. All I got was big greasy looking stains.:glare: Putz.

I spent over $150 on their stuff last night and if I have to go back and buy new shirts my husband's head will blow off. I don't like headless men. ;)

Anyone have any they want to sell? Or, how do I get greasy glue stains out of brand new shirts?

You could also try taking them to a dry cleaner.