Menu

Online Classes for Middle Grades

mskelly

I'm looking for a list of virtual options for single classes. I want my DS to get a taste of virtual classes without committing to a full schedule. I'd prefer American History, Gr. 6 Math, or a science class with at-home labs.  I haven't found many sites that will allow only a class or two without charging a fortune.  

Open to suggestions, please....

• Like 1

My DD began with two TTUISD courses for 6th grade, during October 2012.  Their "Online" courses are Asynchronous,  so if you are looking for Synchronous, that's not for you.  DD began as a "Supplemental" student. If you are "Enrolled", as she is now, in High School, it is a little more complicated and I believe there is a requirement of at least 4 courses, for Enrolled students. GL

. I'd prefer American History, Gr. 6 Math, or a science class with at-home labs.  I haven't found many sites that will allow only a class or two without charging a fortune.  

Trinqueta loved G3 Online's American history class with Galahad. It uses Joy Hakim and he adds in lots of fun projects to get kids writing about history.

My 8th grade daughter is taking The Potter's School US History for Middle School with Mr. Crosby this year. We've been very happy with it. I especially liked the fact that the instructor incorporates some primary sources. Instead of using a textbook, students read a number of books and the instructor's weekly lectures act as the spine. Students do two or three "book reports" each semester on the books read for the course, as well as one research paper per semester.

ETA link

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

My 8th grade daughter is taking The Potter's School US History for Middle School with Mr. Crosby this year. We've been very happy with it. I especially liked the fact that the instructor incorporates some primary sources. Instead of using a textbook, students read a number of books and the instructor's weekly lectures act as the spine. Students do two or three "book reports" each semester on the books read for the course, as well as one research paper per semester.

ETA link

How much religious content/perspective is in this class? Would a secular homeschooler stick out like a sore thumb?