Menu

So, how many go to college full-time while hsing??

I am considering a return to school. I am down to one at home that is schooling full time. He is an 8th grader right now. He is interested in ps for hs, but, if I choose not to go that route, I'd be going while he was doing hs.

I'm just thinking that it's time to start thinking about something beyond schooling my kids...

Input??

At least for me, but my kids are younger (5 & 6). I think it should be a little easier as they get older. I ended up dropping my classes this semester (first two, then the last one a week later), and I haven't decided if I'll go back next semester or not.

I can relate to thinking of doing something after homeschool. I would suggest to start slow...learn from my mistake. :D

Amy

I am considering a return to school. I am down to one at home that is schooling full time. He is an 8th grader right now. He is interested in ps for hs, but, if I choose not to go that route, I'd be going while he was doing hs.

I'm just thinking that it's time to start thinking about something beyond schooling my kids...

Input??

I'm thinking of starting back next summer/fall. 5 kids, oldest 3 schooling. I'm probably crazy to even think about it but I would be taking online classes initially and plan on studying when they do.

Plus, my dh works out of the house so he can do some teaching with the kids, too.

In theory, it would work. I am optimistic.

I recently graduated in May with a double degree and minor.

Prior to graduation I schooled the older two at home with the little one running around. I found I had plenty of time to cover the basics and had to pick and chose for the others. Extracurriculars were very minimal (money and time issues). However, at the University I attended there were all sorts of very fun, educational, and usuallly free things going on that I was aware of because I was a student. Lectures, cultural days, diversity days, food festivals, etc.

The science department would periodically have bones of a saber-toothed tiger up or other displays.

It absolutely can be done.

Studying after an early bedtime for the kiddos.

Oh yes, the recommended amount of credits to take at my university to graduate in 4 years was 17-18 credit hours a sememster. I hardly ever took more than 13 or 14. Although this was technically considered full-time for financial aid and all that, it most likely will not put you within graduating range in 4 years. There are always options of taking an extra class in the summer or over winter break to make up for it.

blessings.