Menu

Legoland for Older Kids

3andme

We're planning a visit to San Diego this summer and I'm trying to figure out if Legoland would be worth seeing. My sons (14 and 12) love Legos but don't really care for amusement parks or most rides. I've looked at the website for Legoland but it all seems oriented to younger kids. The kids have also looked at the website and are lukewarm but I'm wondering if there are activities that involve actual Lego building or would engage older kids? I just can't seem to readily find this information on their website. 

There are building areas and master builder classes near the front of the park in FL, but it's a small part of the landscape. My 11 yr old Lego lover still enjoys the Legoland parks and discovery centers, but mostly for Miniland and the master builder classes, and unless you get a really, really good deal, it's an expensive way to do that. The rides are very low key, although DD does like the waterpark.

Edited by dmmetler

We were just at the Legoland in Carlsbad in February. They would be bored to tears. There really isn't much for bigger kids to do, except to admire the (admittedly awesome) Lego Miniland. They would be much better served going to another SD-area attraction.

• Like 1