Menu

Exercise Thread: March 20 - 26

Kim in Appalachia

Sunday ended up being a rest day.  The drive home from church took way longer (we've been having traffic issues because of a rockslide).  I was too tired when I got home and just rested for the rest of the day.

Monday was a 4 mile run, followed by 3 rounds of squats, pull-ups, swings, then a tabata of high-pulls and push-presses.

Last night I went to hot yoga.  

This morning I am getting a slow start.  I need to do laundry and clean the floors, then I'm planning on yoga.  

• Like 2

Let's see :)

Sun: whole-body weight training w dh

Mon: session w trainer focusing on lower body and core; elliptical intervals for 20 minutes

Tues: a day off, ran a gazillion errands and did some gardening

Today: session w trainer focusing on upper body and core; three hours of yardwork

Today I bench-pressed 85 lbs :party: One of my goals is to bench-press 100 lbs by my 50th birthday in June. I think I'll make that!

Tomorrow will be more weeding, followed by the shoveling and spreading of 3 cubic yards of mulch :eek:

Friday I'll probably do some intervals on either the elliptical or bike. It's supposed to be rainy.

• Like 3

Let's see :)

Sun: whole-body weight training w dh

Mon: session w trainer focusing on lower body and core; elliptical intervals for 20 minutes

Tues: a day off, ran a gazillion errands and did some gardening

Today: session w trainer focusing on upper body and core; three hours of yardwork

Today I bench-pressed 85 lbs :party: One of my goals is to bench-press 100 lbs by my 50th birthday in June. I think I'll make that!

Tomorrow will be more weeding, followed by the shoveling and spreading of 3 cubic yards of mulch :eek:

Friday I'll probably do some intervals on either the elliptical or bike. It's supposed to be rainy.

:hurray:  :thumbup:

Way to go. I think you will reach your goal.

:crying:  :crying:  :crying:  Work has gotten hectic, kids are off for spring break, not much deliberate exercise happening. And I really miss it! So glad to spend time with my kids. Will also be glad to (hopefully) get at least partially into a routine again in a couple weeks. On the plus side, fingers crossed I *may* have found a walking buddy. I'm going to hit her up at the next opportunity.

:crying:  :crying:  :crying:  Work has gotten hectic, kids are off for spring break, not much deliberate exercise happening. And I really miss it! So glad to spend time with my kids. Will also be glad to (hopefully) get at least partially into a routine again in a couple weeks. On the plus side, fingers crossed I *may* have found a walking buddy. I'm going to hit her up at the next opportunity.

:grouphug:  Those weeks are hard.

I do hope you get your walking buddy. 

• Like 1

4 mile run this morning.  It was much chillier than I thought it would be.  Very damp out today, but it was still a decent run.  I felt tired this morning and for most of the run I kept thinking how I'd like to still be in bed, under a warm blanket. But I am glad I ran. :)

Got home and did lunges, pull-ups, swings, then snatches.  

I plan to take it easy today, though if I could squeeze in some yoga later, it would make me happy. 

• Like 3

I did get to do 30 minutes of yoga yesterday. 

Today I ran 7 miles.  I took the hilly route around town. By the last mile my lower back was getting sore, and the walk up my road was rough (very steep hill).  I feel tired, but glad I went for the hills.  I came home and did pull-ups and push-ups, then spent a long time stretching.  

I have a ton to get done today, but right now I don't want to get out of my chair.  I'm enjoying some coffee and wondering how I get everything I planned done. :) 

• Like 3