Menu

My amazing score at the library sale . . . !

jeri

Kingsfisher History of the World, the ORIGINAL version, for $12!!!

I love our library sale and go every year. this year I brought my eldest (11) with me and I was kidding with her about whether we could find this some time. And that's what she walked up with about 3 minutess later! So, I took her to lunch!

jeri

I love our library sale and go every year. this year I brought my eldest (11) with me and I was kidding with her about whether we could find this some time. And that's what she walked up with about 3 minutess later! So, I took her to lunch!

jeri

Good score!!!! I love finding bargains on things I want.

Awesome! I'm thrilled for you!

I have fond memories of mine, too. SWB had just told the boards that it was going to go out of print, when I spotted it at a Borders bookstore. So I snapped it up! I held it all through those crazy days when copies were going for $200, even though my children were too young to use it. It's one of my favorite books. When the new one came out I got one of those too, so both children can work at the same time, and then they swap between assignments.

jeri

You ALWAYS find a score at that sale! I want to come with next year.:tongue_smilie:

Lucky girl!

My big hit of the summer was the history collection recommended by Drew in The Latin Centered Curriculum: Winston Churchill's History of the English-Speaking Peoples. For a mere $3 at a garage sale!

Now I have to wait till January for our local museum's annual book sale. I always show up early with a sturdy laundry basket to hold my treasures.

I'm not suure why it's so great. I think it's because it's a highly regarded book and it' out of print. I just like to find the gems--it's the thrill of the hunt. (Actuually, I already *own* this original book--buut now I can sell one on half.com and recoup some of my costs.)

jeri

jeri

I remember how excited I was when I found one on abebooks.com for a good price. My kids are finally growing into the age where they will use it.

DH was at the Montgomery Co Library booksale in MD last week. He got a bunch of Questions in History books that we collect and 7 We Were There history books that look almost brand new, including the loveliest full color dust jackets that you've ever seen. (We Were There books are similar to Landmark histories but with the historical figures interacting with a couple kids who might have lived where the event occured. Favorites of ours.)