Menu

Where can my daughter watch Spanish TV?

She's taking a Spanish class and the teacher is requiring her to occasionally watch 30 minutes of Spanish TV (or movies). We don't have cable and all I can find online is little snippets of news reports in Spanish. I'd like her to watch something "clean" (no Spanish soap operas). She can watch American-made movies with Spanish dubbing but she's already gone through most of the movies we own.

Any ideas?

Several months ago, I found an online Spanish program through a university. It run a "novella" type program that was quite interesting, but was designed by the university to increase vocabulary, comprehension, etc. I thought I had it bookmarked and can't find the bookmark. Perhaps if you google you could find something like that.

I enjoyed it because it was an on-going type of drama about some man who had a family secret and he was in poor health and was going to reveal it to his family, etc. It was clean, at least as far as I watched. I never went through all the episodes. The episodes, I believe, were 30 mins in length.

If I happen to run across the bookmark, I'll come back and post the link. :)

If you can find out the names of some shows, there might be something on YouTube. My (much younger) girls watch kids shows in Spanish on YouTube. Pocoyo is a big favourite.