Menu

Memoria Press Enrichment Books

MorningGlory

Is there a significant difference in the levels of the MP Enrichment books? I know that the main lesson in these is based on the read-aloud for the week, but I cannot tell if the depth of the enrichment lesson increases with each level. 

Could I just pick one based on the book list? Are they all similar enough?

I'm wondering this too. I have the K book that, for a variety of reasons, I never used with DD6. I'd like to use it next year (for her 2nd grade year) if those who have seen other levels say there isn't much difference from year-to-year (in terms of level of difficulty). My DD11 did only the art & music of the K guide last year as a 10-year old and it was fine.

• Like 1

I'm not terribly qualified to answer this question since I only own the MP Kindergarten Enrichment. However, after looking at the samples they have on the site, I'd venture to say that they are basically the same... just based on the second grade read-aloud list, I'd feel comfortable using that for my soon-to-be kindergartners as we've read aloud a number of the books on that list already. The rest of the enrichment guide activities suggested seem to be on par with what I've seen in the K book.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a significant difference, but I only have K and 1st. I don't do much of the history and science though, so I'm not sure if there's a huge difference in levels there, but I really don't think so. I absolutely love them!

• Like 1

Thank you!

What about the music part? Do you just find the weekly selection on the internet? I did not see a CD for the music; maybe I overlooked it.

There's no CD. I just find them on the internet if we don't own a CD with that piece of music. I don't use Spotify, but I've seen it mentioned elsewhere on the forum that there is a Spotify station, or list, or whatever they call it... So you could look into that if that's easier for you. ;)
  • Like 1

Question for those who use these enrichments: do you buy just the Enrichment guide, or the lesson plans, or both? This was our first year using the K Enrichment, and I'm curious what you all use as I'll be buying the 1st grade Enrichment next year.

Thank you!

What about the music part? Do you just find the weekly selection on the internet? I did not see a CD for the music; maybe I overlooked it.

I use Spotify (free version) specifically for the music selections. They are already set up as playlists by some awesome ladies over on the MP forum. :)

• Like 1

Question for those who use these enrichments: do you buy just the Enrichment guide, or the lesson plans, or both? This was our first year using the K Enrichment, and I'm curious what you all use as I'll be buying the 1st grade Enrichment next year.

I just use the enrichment guides, not lesson plans. I purchased the guide, art cards, and the two poetry books. We just do the read aloud, music, art, and poetry regularly. I do it in two days a week. Occasionally, I'll do the history or science (because they are really good!), but they aren't my top priority since we cover that with other materials.

We used K last year and are using first this year. We'll definitely use second next year!

• Like 2

I just use the enrichment guides, not lesson plans. I purchased the guide, art cards, and the two poetry books. We just do the read aloud, music, art, and poetry regularly. I do it in two days a week. Occasionally, I'll do the history or science (because they are really good!), but they aren't my top priority since we cover that with other materials.

We used K last year and are using first this year. We'll definitely use second next year!

We do full cores with MP which include the enrichment, so we use the lesson plans, but the enrichment books are really well organized so you would not need specific lesson plans at all.

I bought the lesson plans because they weren't terribly expensive. Also, this is my first year homeschooling coming up and I wanted a little extra hand holding when I'm planning our weeks. I'm piecemealing a number of different resources so having anything pre-planned to drop into my weekly template makes things a little simpler. However, I think you could definitely just get the enrichment book and go from it.