Menu

Earth science for 9th grade

I found out I need to have my dd do Earth science for ninth grade. This is in order to get in a dual enrollment where she graduates with asso degree and high school degree at the same time.

It is a weird situation, but it is the requirements for the state it is in.

Anyways, all the earth science homeschool programs I am finding is for Jr High. I would like one that is put together for me. ;)

Anyone know of a good course that would work for high school credit?

Thanks!

We are doing a Holt-McDougal course; the book was written for grades 6-9 and the online teaching resources have worksheets, activities and tests for varying levels. It's not exactly "put together" for a homeschooler but it is easy enough to just divide the length of the book by the number of school days. It's not a perfect option but it is difficult to find an earth science program for high school. I have no idea why. I took Earth Science in 9th grade not that long ago and I think it used to be pretty standard.

You probably could just use one of the Jr high programs for 9th grade if one of them looks good to you. I think that 9th grade is not much different from Jr high. You could always add in a couple of research projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We're using a public school text next year by McDougal-Littel....I found a study guide, lab book, and TE as well as regular text, all used. The TE had an access code for online clips & activities that are still current. It's 32 chapters - 1/week with a week @ end of semester for study/test and a week each semester for some kind of project/field trip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

MODG has a syllabi using various sources. The focus is as much on writing as it is on the science though. It is a very gentle ninth grade program . If I didn't already have it the MODG, I would echo Teaching Company , Tarbucks and lots of field trips! Very fun!