Menu

SM with AOPs ?

visitor

Dear all , I just cant choose between Singapore NSM 1 and AOPS pre Algabra . It is the same with BA and Singapore standard edition . I like both programs . Are there parents who choosed to work with both programs ? And how much time do your kids spend on AOPS or SM (DM / NEM/ NSM) . Thanks, Visitor

We used AoPS Pre -A + Understanding Geometry during grade 7+8, it took us about 18 months but we skipped all the callenging problems as dd isn't a math lover :)

Otherwise it took us 2 years.

Somewhere during secondary level you'll have to choose a track.

Math - Sciences

Devotes more time to math then dd's Latin-Modern Languages.

But to pas exams you'll have to supplement AoPS already, so I don't know if you'll find the time for 3 math curriculums.

If you would know SM covers the missing math topics geared to the exams it could be a solution.

So that will be another night reading and comparing examprograms ;)

• Like 1

We used AoPS Pre -A + Understanding Geometry during grade 7+8, it took us about 18 months but we skipped all the callenging problems as dd isn't a math lover :)

Otherwise it took us 2 years.

Somewhere during secondary level you'll have to choose a track.

Math - Sciences

Devotes more time to math then dd's Latin-Modern Languages.

But to pas exams you'll have to supplement AoPS already, so I don't know if you'll find the time for 3 math curriculums.

If you would know SM covers the missing math topics geared to the exams it could be a solution.

So that will be another night reading and comparing examprograms ;)

Thanks Loesje, I already compared SM with the Belgium examenprogram and I was very pleased that most of the Belgium topics , were covered by SM . SM covers more though. SM7 covered the Belgium 1e graad math exams.  

At this moment DS loves Science and Math the most but I don't know if he will still do in the future.

• Like 1

It depends on how many hours the child is willing to spend on just math. Since SM7 match your national exams decently, use aops as enrichment instead. My oldest has the intensity to spend hours on anything so he did two aops text concurrently but he doesn't do organised sports so his time is more flexible.

• Like 1