Menu

Shoring up Math

NatashainDFW

I am ordering Times Tales to help him memorize those but we also need to shore up decimals, percents and things that lead into prealgebra. Any ideas? We are afterschooling so I need something pretty open and go adn that won't take a ton of time each evening. I would like to have him work on a prealgebra program over the summer

Perhaps consider putting him on Prodigy Math.  You can set assignments and target specific areas you want him to work on.  It is a game format...they have a character and engage in battles, tasks, etc.  In order to win their battles, they have to answer math questions.  Perfect blend of game and learning.  My kids love to play and I use it to review their math topics.  

You don't have to set assignments, however.  The game assesses the player's ability and places him/her into a grade level and automatically gives them math according to that placement.  So you can let it do that if you'd like.  Or you can do both, lol. I give mine assignments and then let the game's placement assignments kick in when they've finished my weekly tasks.  

It is K-8.  It is free, however there is a paid membership option.  The paid membership does not impact the educational aspect of the game in any way.  It does, however, give the player access to more GAME options.  

If you do sign up for Prodigy, would you kindly consider using our referral link below?  We are saving up for memberships, lol.  

https://prodigygame.com/referral.php?referralCode=7A1E6A3262C4&referralName=Crystal%2BGracioso&referralOrigin=link