Menu

Using Crash Course as a supplement

I think they move too fast for guided note taking. I use them in the Bio class I teach, but I have my kids watch *after* they read/take notes from text. You could also use them as a preview then re-cap, with your main text/resource in the middle.

However, the A&P videos could probably used more along the lines of what you are thinking if you are using them for general bio. They are "crash course" for a full A&P class, but detailed are more drawn out if used in general bio. Eg you might spend 2-3 days in general bio on lymphatic/immune system and there is 1 crash course Biology video, or there are 3 crash course A&P videos.

• Like 1

We're using them to supplement M&L ... DS is already doing notes out of each of the book chapter sub-sections and I've reordered the remaining videos to the match the text sections (the ones we haven't covered yet, not planning to use all of CC). I think I'm leaning toward having him watch them before the readings as an introduction.

I'm not really sure he need notes on them, specifically. Hmmmm ..... thinking about it. I just didn't want to miss any great resources that support them - if someone's been blogging all about the great ways they're using them or something that I'm missing. KWIM?

Edited by theelfqueen