Menu

Comcast tv question

Night Elf

My grandmother is experiencing something strange. Comcast bugged her and bugged her until she upgraded her system. She's 93 years old and has a hard time learning new things. The main problem she's having now is with some weather/traffic screen that pops up. My mom said it happens about once an hour and it does it without touching the remote. She believes it's just a feature of Comcast, but that makes no sense to me. Surely they don't interrupt everyone's programs to flash weather and traffic. I talked to my mom late last night but she's going to tell my grandmother to see if hitting the exit button on the remote control gets rid of the weather/traffic screen and takes her back to what she was watching. I suggested she call Comcast and report it. Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

It could be the new system. We upgraded to the new X1 box a few months ago and every once in awhile we get random popups. The last time, we were watching the AFC championships and we got a popup letting us know how we could check the stats of the game. Exit got rid of it and I haven't noticed any in awhile. 

The screensaver will have news highlights and weather when the TV goes to sleep.

Ok, I googled for the problem and found someone else on a message board suggest the problem was the screen saver. I'm trying to decide how the tv feels it's been idle if you're just sitting there watching a program that lasts more than an hour. I told my mom what the person said, how to get into settings and change the time. She's going to see if she can get rid of it completely. I'm too far away to handle it myself. I hope she can figure something out. My poor grandmother is quite frustrated. She doesn't like the new system and is threatening to cancel and go with a different provider, but anything is going to be new for her to learn.

• Like 1