Menu

Need reading curriculum similar to CLE

mnemom

Can anyone recommend readers that are similar to the CLE series? My daughter has read the first and second grade readers (she's just finishing up Happy Hearts) and likes them, but I think she needs more practice at the second grade level before going on to the third grade readers. I love that the CLE stories are somewhat devotional in nature, so I'd prefer a Christian curriculum, but if you have recommendations of other series that have fun, engaging stories, that would work too. I'm more interested in the stories than the workbooks, since we do the workbooks only sporadically. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

We do the CLE Reading curriculum.  However, I also have all the second grade ABEKA readers and my daughter reads them for fun.  I think they are probably one step up in terms of challenge than CLE so it may work well for you.  I also have the BJU Press readers for 2nd and 3rd on our shelf (these were all found for really REALLY cheap at a used book sale).  Anyway.....my 2nd grader enjoys pulling all of these and reading them at random times.  I like it because they are safe and solid. I think she enjoys how quick they are.  She loves her American Girl books, Boxcar children, etc, but these are short and sweet.  ;)