Menu

Ack! Is it Christmatime already?!

EDITED TO NOTE: I meant, is it ChristmaStime already. (Why can't we edit typos in our titles?!)

Remember when Christmas decor didn't go up until at least after Halloween, or even closer to (or after) Thanksgiving? And when you knew it really was almost here when the eggnog hit the shelf?

Well, although I love and will always love eggnog, it doesn't go well with healthy eating, and so I had to change my favorite holiday drink. For the last couple Christmases, I have greedily bought up all the Sierra Mist "Cranberry Splash" soda, because you can only get it at Christmas.

Today it was on. the. shelf. :001_huh: I half expected to find eggnog in the dairy section.

(No luck.:tongue_smilie: )

In any case, I take the sudden appearance of this "holiday" beverage as a sure sign that stores -- even non-craft stores -- are rolling out their Christmas stuff earlier and earlier every year.

Last summer, I went in to Hobby Lobby for some last-minute Fourth of July decorations, and they were putting up Christmas trees.

IN THE BEGINNING OF JULY. :blink:

I'm sure they did the same this year -- I wasn't in Hobby Lobby much this summer, but in mid-August, I went in for some art supplies, and -- sure enough -- they had a regular Winter Wonderland set up already.

Is this just the craziest thing evah?

way into the store earlier each year. I'd speculate that the stores want to do that this year in particular, with the economy woes as they are. I'm suspecting we'll see a real downturn of buying this holiday season, so they want to get the bucks as early as they can.

Just my thoughts -

Molly