Menu

Mid to upper elementary government/civics/elections ideas??

Momto6inIN

I'm looking towards next fall and would like to capitalize on the election year to do some government/civics/election type stuff with my kids. I've got a standard government course for my high schoolers covered, but wondered what I should use for my to-be 3rd and 7th graders.

I know about Uncle Sam and You, but we tried Notgrass before and it just wasn't a good fit for us. Kind of dry, I guess. And I wanted something that was not a full year course, only about 12 weeks-ish so we can continue on with our history studies the rest of the year.

I saw Konos has a book called Electing America's Leaders ... anyone have any reviews on that?

And any other ideas would be greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the links! Have you used any/all of these?

Nope. Sorry. A friend highly recommend them a while back. I found out she homeschooled her kids and asked for any tips and she told me to do around 10 things I have written down in a notebook in the closet. One was to use these in the early grades because it will make history studies more accessible. It doesn't make sense to wait until high school to make history make sense. Edited by Slache
  • Like 1